Project Category: Corporate
Sub Category: Best Government to Business (G2B) Initiative of the Year
Reference No: eMaharashtra2013/awards/104
Details of the Applicant:
Name: Ashish Saxena
Designation: Chief Manager-II
Organization: ICICI Bank
Address: ICICI Bank Towers
Zip Code: 400051
Organization Website: http://www.icicibank.com/index.html
Details of the Agency implementing the Project/Initiative:
Details of Programme /Project/Initiative:
ICICI Bank came up with a solution with the help of which the entire sand auction process was migrated from a manual platform to an online platform. With this solution the revenue from the sand auction took a leap of 100% i.e. the revenue earned this year was 20 crores as compared 10crores in the last year’s manual auction hence this solution indeed lead to a new price discovery. Moreover since there was no manual intervention involved at any stage hence the bidders’ identity was confidential through the process
1: To migrate the manual sand auction to a robust online paltform with absolutely no amnual intervention
2:To maximise the revenue generation in the sand auction process
3:To leave no room for any cartel formation thereby curb the probability of any sort of price manipulation
4:To increase the geographical reach in terms of target audience.
Target Group: Sand Contractors
Geographical Reach within India: PAN India
Geographical Reach outside India: N/A
Date From which the Project became Operational: 2-12-2012
Is the Project still operational?: Yes
List 5 achievements of the programme/project/initiative:
1. There was a 100% increase in Govt.’s revenue i.e.20cr this year as compared to that of 10 cr last year.
2. Confidentialty of the bidding data throughout the process.
3. No Law and Order Problem and entire process worked smoothly
4. No paper work involved hence no manual data storage required
5. Since there was no scope of any cartel formation and hence no price manipulations occured
List 5 Key challenges faced while implementing the project/programme/initiative and how they were overcome:
1. There was no official webiste for the sand auction, we created a full fledged website whreeby the entire tendering activity was moved on an online platform on this website
2. Training to the contractors for making the payments online but with the support of Collector Nagpur we imparted the training successfully
3. Continuous updation of our internal database so that no payments get stuck in the channel.